Guilds of Ravnica Standard Showdown
Saturdays @ Noon from Oct 20th through Dec 21st*
- Entry for this event is ZERO dollars!
- Players will be entered into swiss pairing rounds, similar to FNM.
- For each round won, you'll receive 1 booster pack! Win all your matches, and receive a special Standard Showdown pack as well!
- Additional Standard Showdown packs will be given out as random prizes as well!
- * There will be no Standard Showdown event for the weekend of the Special Draft event, or any PPTQs that occur on a Saturday (see below).
- * There will be no Standard Showdown event on Nov 24th.
Guilds of Ravnica Special Draft Event
Saturday, Nov 10 @ Noon
- Entry for this event is 4 packs of Guilds of Ravnica per player. All 4 packs will be used for the draft. We will provide the 10 packs that will be included in the prize pool!
- Each draft pod will be 8 players. These pods will be single elimination matches.
- Win 1 match and receive 1 pack; 2 wins receive 3 packs; 3 wins receive 5 packs.
- Drafts will continue until we decide to stop!
- Additional promo materials will also be handed out!
Every Magic Player's Favorite Day of the Week
tl:dr - MODERN Tourneys every week, casual events as requested.
Every Friday, BBC will host a regular Modern tournament. We'll run it the same way we
always have used to run Standard:
- $5 to Enter - Starts at 7pm.
- The format for this event is MODERN. The current ban list for this format is available here.
- 8 to 16 players, 3 Rounds | 17 to 31 players, 4 rounds | 32+ players, 5 rounds
- 2 packs per player in the prize pool, and the same record always gets the same amount of prize.
- Pack prizes will go to players with a BETTER than 50% record, and we will also have random prizes at the end of the tourney as well.
- Top two finishers minimum will receive a promo card. If we have more than two with first-place records, all players with that record will receive a promo.
We will also offer FNM Casual Side Events. The way these will work is as follows:
- We'll take sign ups for casual events at the counter. Sign in your name and what type of event you would like to play (examples listed below).
- If we get close to enough players interested in an event, we'll announce that a game is forming, and sign people up from there.
- The minimum number of players for any casual event will be 4 players. Sealed events like draft will need 8 players.
- Once a group has been made, players will need to make a choice on whether they would like to play for promos only, or additional pack prizes as well. If players want to play for a promo ONLY, then there will be no fee. If players want to play for packs, then there will be an appropriate fee (details below).
- The first place finisher will receive a FNM promo, whether or not there was an entry fee.
- All casual events need to begin before 10pm*. Any remaining promos not reserved for casual events will be distributed randomly to players in the Modern tournament (limit one promo per player per tournament).
- * Traditionally, there is a booster draft after FNM for players in the Modern tournament. If there is a draft that will begin after the Modern tournament finishes, a promo will be given to the first place finisher of that draft.
Examples of casual tournaments available are as follows:
- Booster Drafts (4 packs of product required as entry fee)
- Cube Drafts ($5 entry for pack prizes: 8 players, 3 rounds, 1 pack per win. Players can only play for packs with a BBC provided or approved cube. Ask Dave for details.)
- Commander Pods (minimum 4 players, max 6; no entry fee, no pack prizes (this may be reviewed later)
- 8-Man Constructed (8 players, 3 rounds. $5 for packs, 1 per win. $20 for Win-a-Box format)
Please realize that is a new take on FNM, so things are still pretty fluid on how to handle this. This is a basic guideline for events, and could change based on player feedback.
Every Tuesday starting around 6pm - FREE!
Meet up for some casual fun every week! Commander is Magic's most popular casual format, and we have a dedicated night to shuffle up and play! We recognize the official Wizards of the Coast sponsored rules for deck construction and play. Details about these rules can be found here at MtG Commander Dot Net.
As an official WPN affiliated store, playing with proxies is not permitted at our in-store events. Even though this is a causal format and this event is unsanctioned, WotC does not permit any counterfeit or proxied cards at its WPN affiliated stores.
Remember, this is event is FREE every week! Just meet up in the game room and have fun!
Bell, Book and Comic is happy to trade with you! Bring your cards in to us and we will take a look and see if we can make a deal!
As some general guidelines, most often we will trade for in-store credit only. We will make cash offers for large collections, or specific older cards for Legacy and Vintage formats.